Friday, June 13, 2014

Electrolux Dryer Settlement for selling defective piece

File your claim in the Electrolux Dryer Class Action Settlement for selling defected cloth dryer at dryersettlement.com for $350 voucher or $1300 for expenses.

Many electronic products catch up the fire due to some kind of unexplained short circuit or manufacturing defects. Sometimes these defects lead to big life threatening accident of user. Recently, Electrolux have come across the same kind of situation where plaintiffs claimed that Electrolux Dryer product has manufacturing defects that can cause them to catch fire due to lint buildup. Electrolux have denied of any wrong doing, but agreed to settle the Electrolux dryer class action lawsuit.

Electrolux Dryer Class Action Settlement
Class members have claimed that Electrolux Home Products Inc. sold some of the defected cloth dryers. These cloth dryers catch up fire because of the lint buildup. This situation breaches the Electrolux warranties and violation of consumer protection act.

Every class member who purchased freestanding clothes dryers between the time period of January 1, 2002 to December 31, 2011, is eligible to claim their refund into the Electrolux Dryer Class Action Settlement. To claim your refund, you must have Serial number of device or any other identifying proof of product with you.
One can claim refund into the Electrolux Dryer Class Action Settlement as a (1) who have experienced a dryer fire and (2) who experience a dryer fire in the future. Eligible class members will be refunded with a cash rebate or online voucher code worth of $350 and/or a free dryer cleaning service for eligible dryers and/or up to $1,300 for out-of-pocket expenses due to a fire in a dryer.

Eligible entrants should submit their completed claim form before the deadline December 15, 2014. Last date to exclude from the settlement is July 28, 2014. For court documents and other information, you can visit Electrolux Dryer Class Action Settlement website dryersettlement.com.

Highlights of Electrolux Dryer Class Action Settlement:

Official Electrolux Dryer Class Action Settlement site: dryersettlement.com
Link to file a claim online: dryersettlement.com

Address of administrator:
Electrolux Dryer Settlement Administrator
P.O. Box 43268
Providence, RI 02940-3268
1-888-541-4923
Administrator@DryerSettlement.com

Last date to claim refund: December 15, 2014

Potential refund: $350 cash rebate or online voucher code, or a free dryer cleaning service for eligible dryers, or $1,300 for out-of-pocket expenses.

Class Counsel:
Edward A. Wallace
Amy E. Keller
Dawn M. Goulet
WEXLER WALLACE LLP
Erin K. Dickinson
Charles J. Crueger
HANSEN REYNOLDS DICKINSON CRUEGER LLC
Gregory F. Coleman
GREG COLEMAN LAW PC

Defense Counsel:
Michael T. Williams
Kenneth T. Stalzer
WHEELER TRIGG O’DONNELL LLP
Keywords: Electrolux Dryer Class Action Settlement - Electrolux Dryer Class Action Settlement claim form

5 comments:

  1. I am 76 yr old single and cannot find the information that appeared in today's Wash Post Magazine section about this claim. I own a Kenmore 2002 and seem to be eligibile. The dryer is in a small space where I cannot remove to see the back of it. Alicia Cunningham Dorr 301 843 3963 acdorr@aol.com 3161 Westdale Ct. Waldorf, Md 20601

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have submitted a claim form last summer and have not heard anything on this claim. Trying to email the administrator and all emails have been returned due to bad address. Can anyone supply a better way to contact- 1-888-541-4923 number is no use. mbwillets@hotamail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also submitted a claim and have not heard anything on my claim. The telephone number 1-888-541-4923 is completely useless in obtaining any information regarding our claims or when or if we will ever be contacted. I guess they are hoping dryer causes fire that kills everyone in house so no one will be around to take them to court. How difficult is it to acknowledge that claim has been received and to let us know when a cleaning can be scheduled and paid for by one of it's authorized service representatives. Please contact me at 1-989-777-5403 Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here...I submitted the required paperwork MONTHS ago, and have heard nothing. Although my dryer hasn't caught fire, I haven't been overly impressed with it's performance, and for that matter, the matching washer, which I purchased at the same time, is no jewel, either. I want to replace them ASAP, but if I can actually obtain the rebate, I'd like to use it....assuming my current appliances last that long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, I have an update to my above comments.....I received the voucher paperwork today, and in short, it's a load of crap, in my opinion. You DO NOT simply receive a check from Electrolux. You have to purchase a new appliance from a specific list of appliances, as spelled out in FAQs, #11, on the dryersettlement.com website.
      HOWEVER, there are also a few "hiccups", shall we say....In my case, I have a Frigidaire dryer, that falls into the affected models. But I can't replace it with another Frigidaire dryer, similar to the one I currently own. If I want to use the "rebate" on another dryer, I'm limited to choosing 1 of 3 specific, "high-end", Electrolux dryers...dryers with retail prices of $950-1200. AND, the "rebate" is only good for 20% off, with a maximum rebate of $350. Do the math, 20% of $1200 is only $240, not the $350 they were initially implying!
      Secondly, I don't need a $1200, full-tilt, bells and whistles laden dryer. All I need is a decent, good performing dryer. And furthermore, it would still cost me $960 to buy the Electrolux unit. That's no deal!! I'm pretty sure that Electrolux is hoping that people see through the "smoke and mirrors" of this deal, not buy anything, so they'll save themselves a ton of money.

      Delete